Tilting trike concept

Coninsan

100 µW
Hello

Ive been lurking in the shadows for some time over at Elmoto.net, converting a GSXR 600 motorcycle to all electric drive, and occationally popping over to have a look :roll:

But lately ive had a brainwave concerning (bi)cycles, being that it could be nice to have a recumbent somewhere in the future, while i like the tilting motion of motorcycles and bicycles (its the soul of the ride man!) ive had a fetish for reverse trikes since i was a kid, only being 19 thats not saying much.
but heres a concpet ive come up with:

cykel.png

The blue lines being the frame, red being wheels, green pivot/suspension and orange pivot arm.
Seen from above, it incorporates the tilting mehcanisme and suspension of the Kanteltrike turned to the front.

BV_kanteltrike_1.jpg

And the steering of a Center steered bike, with the Python as an example.

Acertula_4_2.jpg

How would you think this setup would perform?
being that theoreticly when the front it forced to the side, using steering levers, the mechanisme would force the bike into a tilt in the given direction thanks to the center steering pivot (green circle in the drawing) and the pivot arms would then tilt accordingly like the Kanteltrike does.

Why on the E-bike forums? becuase you guys have the most extensive and knowing bicycle forum ive ever known and if this bike makes it into protyping some time in the future, it would be a blast to have it powered by a electric motor, either assist or full electric drive :p

Have you been to the trike section on BROL? http://www.bentrideronline.com/messageboard/index.php

There is a member tuning a tadpole leaner with a view to production, search under Maurer.
There are also a few delta leaners, the latest being the Blackmax http://fleettrikes.com/
I wouldn't mind trying a tilting trike but my ultra low tadpole is a blast, I love hanging out the side around corners. :D

Also check out the Yahoo Tilting Group. Read, study and understand, then read, study and understand. The Maurer trike is interesting, but has separate controls for tilt and steering. I myself prefer free tilt mechanisms.

:)ensen.

Back