Install Armbian on s905x2 with android recovery boot

MOlsen

Hello!

Can someone help me with installing Armbian on this tv box: eu.strong.tv/en/products/ip-tv-receivers/leap-s1 ?

This does not have the recovery button in AV slot so i am accessing the android recovery boot through adb from my pc. But the "apply update from sd card" doesnt have any files. I can see the folder structure on the sd-card but i dont have any file to choose. 
IMG_0909.thumb.jpg.7ab6bc3ef34f1cc5d51be55fc6e99588.jpg

I am using this build: Armbian_23.5.1_Aml-s9xx-box_bookworm_current_6.1.30.img. I also have chosen the correct u-boot.ext file.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by MOlsen

I tried recovery menu approach with Tanix Tx9 - no success via boot and also same through upgrade from Armbian config app.

Recovery button method worked out, although afterwards had to play around with dtb files.

May be this switch is soldered on board  (or contacts intentionally left visible with some marking) to be accessible after some disassembly .

Create a file named aml_autoscript.zip in the /boot directory and then try selecting that in recovery.  The file should be empty.

Since you are using the 23.05 builds, their are reports that the u-boot-s905x2-s922 file isn't working in that release.  If you run into that issue you might want to go with an older build (something from 23.02).  But first you need to get past the 'recovery' problem, before you will possibly run into the u-boot problem.

I have now tried that. And I also used the 23.02 build.

I made an empty notepad file and named it aml_autoscript.zip and it shows up in the sd-card. But i get these messages when I run the file. Is this possible to troubleshoot from here? 

https://ibb.co/9bj62Wr

Also; reboot from bootloader also does not work.

Edited by MOlsen

Please provide all the information I asked for.  What build are you using?  What steps have you taken?  Please provide exact steps?  Why are you using recovery mode?  That isn't a step in the instructions.