Any love for the Pantserwagen?

CommissarTommy

Hey guys,

As we become closer to the launch of ground forces and i've no doubt they'll include more than just standard tanks I was thinking that one of these two armoured vehicles could be in the game as German premium vehicles for the ground forces as they played a large role in the battles in the Netherlands and were used by the Germans on quite a few occasions.

First off the M38 Variant:

Based off the Landsverk L180 (A Swedish Vehicle) the Pantserwagen M38 served with the Dutch forces through the opening part of the war and was a symbol for their armed forces. There are two examples in the Netherlands today and one of these usually appears at the recreation of the battle of Airport Ypenburg.

Weight: 7,825kg (17,250lb)

Length: 5.86m

Width: 2.24m

Height: 2.28m

Crew: 5 (Commander, Driver, Gunner, Artilleryman and Loader)

Armour: 9mm front and sides with 5mm on top and 15mm on the turret.

Armament: The main armament of the Pantserwagen was a Bofors 37mm cannon on Dutch variants and have secondary armament of 3x 7.92mm Lewis Machine Guns. The Germans kept the armament when they captured them and put them into their service.  

The Dutch variant had slightly different chassis and engines than the original Landverk as it featured the chassis of a Daimler-Benz G 3 a/P and the engine was a Daimler-Benz M09 6-cylinder. Petrol powered with a total of 80HP.

[attachment=13814:Landsverk_L-180.jpg]

[attachment=13815:LandsverkM38pantserwagen_02.jpg]

[attachment=13921:M38_Duitse buit.jpg]

M39 Variant: 

Now this is where things get very German as they used these in service for a large portion of the war. This one was built by the DAF company which meant instead of importing the designs from Swedish production firms this one was designed and built in the Netherlands. It was a 6x4 armoured car and in 1939 orders for 12 of the vehicles came (Many more if you include prototypes) in and they were attached to reconnaissance regiments. The BEF approached the DAF company at the start of the war and asked if they could build some for them, however the units were never shipped due to the fall of the Netherlands in 1940.

Weight: 6 metric tonnes

Length: 4.75m

Width: 2.08m

Height: 2.16m

Crew: 6 (Commander, Driver, Bow Machine Gunner, Gunner, Loader, Rear Machine Gunner)

Armour: 10mm front and sides and 12mm on the turret

Armament: 37mm Bofors Cannon (Same as M38), 3x 7.92mm Modified Lewis Machine Guns (These had armour surrounding them and this is why they're 'modified')

The chassis was custom made featuring the Trado suspension system and the vehicle was powered by a Ford Mercury V8 engine, petrol powered with a whopping 95HP. This lead to an operational range of 200-300km.

[attachment=13817:001x.jpg]

[attachment=13818:m39.jpg]

[attachment=13819:m39-pantserwagen-armored-car-01.png]

As you can see by the first two images of the m39 it was actually used by German forces and they captured most of the 12 units that were produced for the Dutch Army.

So sorry that was so long but I think that it would be great to see one or even both of these vehicles as German premium vehicles for the ground forces and I wonder what you guys think about this? I'd definitely buy both of these if they get put in! 

Thanks for taking the time to read  :salute:

Edited on 07/06/2013 at 18:56: Reason = Added Captured Pantserwagen M38 image 

• Upvote 3

Let me just clarify that this has nothing to do with pants, but rather "Panzer" but I'm no expert^^. 

I'd be in for things like that, if they can get the sounds for the engine right :) Devs claimed that the trees will be more interesting than the fanmade ones, so maybe we get to see more types of armored cars and similar vehicles are in. As for premiums I'd say no. Premiums should stay captured vehicles for the most part although I get your suggestion because the first one is a swedish design and the other was introduced for the dutch aswell. hmmm...

medal medal

Let me just clarify that this has nothing to do with pants, but rather "Panzer" but I'm no expert^^. 

Shush, it has EVERYTHING to do with pants. Everything has to do with pants.

medal

Shush, it has EVERYTHING to do with pants. Everything has to do with pants.

lostpants.png?w=500

on topic: I always belive that the more vehicles the better.

medal

They were generally called Pantserwagens NOT Panzerwagens It's just armoured car in Dutch like it's automitrailleuse in French and autoblindo in Italian. Also thanks for the support Lanarius  :salute:

....As for premiums I'd say no. Premiums should stay captured vehicles for the most part although I get your suggestion because the first one is a swedish design and the other was introduced for the dutch aswell. hmmm...

Look at the first two images for the m39, it was a captured vehicle but the Germans liked them so they used them, they also used m38s but I couldn't find an image of a German captured one  :Ps

EDIT:

Screw that I found one! It's not the best picture but I have proof for the m38 being used by the Germans as well! I'll add it to the original post as well. Also look at the 7.92mm Lewis Machine Gun on the back, this is next to a hatch you could see out of on the Swedish Landsverk however the Dutch modified it bringing it to 3 Lewis Guns instead of the 2 featured on Swedish models

M38_Duitse%20buit.jpg