Any diagram for Eric Joisel Crane/Swan variation?

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Hoolines

Any diagram for Eric Joisel Crane/Swan variation?

Post by Hoolines »

Hi: I know there are couple of videos out there about Eric Joisel Crane/Swan variation and even one is presented by the great man himself but I really love to have a more written, documented and in details diagram. Do you know if there is one? Especially the feather folds are very hard to do. I have some small problems with the tale but I can manage to make it a little like what I saw in Eric Joisel's work.
I know that this crane is more of an artistic fold than a standard fold but anyway I thought its worth a shot to post a request here, I think this is one of the smartest and most beautiful variation of a very traditional fold. It really shows what a genius Eric Joisel was.
jeko

Re: Any diagram for Eric Joisel Crane/Swan variation?

Post by jeko »

there are diagrams in
World's Best Origami - Nick Robinson
http://giladorigami.com/BO_Worlds_Best_Origami.html
anonymous person

Post by anonymous person »

I believe it is a different model in World's Best Origami.
Compare Joisel's swan in World's Best Origami (folded expertly by Cavemanboon)
..with Joisel's fancy crane/swan variation ( folded by Foldingtype)
Hoolines

Post by Hoolines »

Thanks for the replies. "anonymous person" is right, I have the book World's Best Origami - Nick Robinson and just now went and checked that out. Yes, there is a swan (actually two swans which the first is the easy, traditional one) designed by Eric Joisel and it's a very nice one as the name indicates "Fancy Swan" but that's not the one I meant. The one that I love to have a diagram for is the crane based swan as "anonymous person" presented it with a photo example here named crane/swan variation.
Thanks again for the replies.