Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox and Favourites

Options
  • 08-11-2005 1:05pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I know that this has been mentioned on boards many times in the past, but due to the search been not available, I cant locate if somebody was able to sort it out.

The problem is I am using firfox 1.07 and twice in the last couple of weeks or so, I have lost all my favourites from Firfox. Does anybody know what the cause of this would be. It actually sarting to make be think of going back to using IE, which I hoped I would not have to do.

Leonard

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

These things rarely happen out of the blue. Did you change anything recently? Upgrade FF? Install or remove an extension or theme? How about other software, did you install anything new, or uninstall anything? Did anything else change on your system? Did you move a file called bookmarks.html by any chance? :)

adam

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Now that you mention it, I have uninstalled a couple of extensions and themes lately. Maybe that was the case. I definitely did not remove the bookmarks.html file as its still in the firefox directory.

I have managed to get most of my favourites back now, hopefully it wont happen again. Thanks for your suggestion.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

There's a site called www.mybookmarks.com which basically takes a copy of your Favourites folder and makes it available to you online.

Makes a handy backup, or if you need to access bookmark links from another PC etc. I'm just not sure if it'll work with Firefox though.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Excellent site, byte, thanks alot. works perfect with both IE and also FF.

Advertisement