Gran Turismo HD Collection on the horizon ?? [No]

• Thread starter GTAndy36
  • 104 comments

GTAndy36

Premium
United Kingdom
Wiltshire, UK
AndySimba
I've come across this tonight, and I haven't seen it posted on here just yet. I'm not totally sure on it's validity, because I can only go by the pretty naff translation I've got.... I personally really am sceptical... but like I said I haven't seen it spoke about on here so what do you lot think?

originalvmpbl-1px-1.png

French Article:

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe va annoncer un nouveau venu dans sa gamme de Classics HD pour PlayStation 3 avec Gran Turismo HD Collection.

Dès novembre prochain vous pourrez retrouver les deux premiers Gran Turismo sortis auparavant sur PlayStation 2 ainsi que Gran Turismo PSP remasterisés sur un même Blu-ray pour le système PlayStation 3.

Cette compilation comprendra donc:

Gran Turismo (sorti en 2009 sur PSP)

Gran Turismo 3 A-spec (sorti en 2001 sur PS2)

Gran Turismo 4 (sorti en 2005 sur PS2)

En plus d'avoir été entièrement remasterisés en Haute Définition pour la PlayStation 3, chacun des titres prendra en charge les trophées et comprendra aussi des trophées personnalisés (dont un platine pour chaque jeu).

Mais ce n'est pas tout puisque, que vous décidiez de jouer aux versions HD de Gran Turismo PSP, Gran Turismo 3 A-spec ou même Gran Turismo 4, vous pourrez accéder à un mode en ligne global pour affronter d'autres joueurs !

Une mise à jour de Gran Turismo 5 sera disponible pour Noël 2012 afin de permettre aux possesseurs de GT5 de pouvoir affronter les joueurs de Gran Turismo HD Collection sur des circuits spéciaux en commun avec leurs propres écuries favorites !

Gran Turismo HD Collection sera disponible exclusivement sur PlayStation 3, le 9 novembre 2012 partout en Europe.

Préparez-vous à devoir repasser vos permis avant d'affronter l'asphalte !

Naff English Translation:
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe will announce a new coming in his range of Classics HD for Playstation 3 with Gran Turismo HD Collection.

As early as next November you will be able to rediscover the two first Gran Turismo go out beforehand on Playstation 2 as well as Gran Turismo PSP remasterisés on a same blu-ray for the system Playstation 3.

This compilation will understand therefore:

Gran Turismo (gone out in 2009 on PSP)

Gran Turismo 3 AS spec (gone out in 2001 on PS2)

Gran Turismo 4 (gone out in 2005 on PS2)

What's more to have been completely remasterisés in High Definition for the Playstation 3, each of the titles will take charge of the trophies and will understand also personalized trophies (of which a platinum for every game).

But this is not all since, that you decided to play versions HD of Gran Turismo PSP, Gran Turismo 3 AS spec or same Gran Turismo 4, you will be able to attain a global online method to confront other players!

One updated Gran Turismo 5 will be available for Christmas 2012 in order to allow the possessors of GT5 to be able to confront the players of Gran Turismo HD Collection on special circuits in common with their own favorite stables!

Gran Turismo HD Collection will be available exclusively on Playstation 3, November 9 2012 everywhere in Europe.

You prepare to have to iron your permits before confronting blacktops it!

Last edited:
That very much looks photoshopped. I may be wrong though.

EDIT: That is photoshopped. The bottom where PEGI 3 is at, all the logos at the bottom aren't on the same line. I'll check www.vgboxart.com to see if this is there.

Last edited:
If this part didn't existed, I would believe its true. And it would be pretty marvelous to have those HD remakes. But cross playing between these and GT5? Impossible. April Fools for sure :(

"But this is not all since, that you decided to play versions HD of Gran Turismo PSP, Gran Turismo 3 AS spec or same Gran Turismo 4, you will be able to attain a global online method to confront other players!

One updated Gran Turismo 5 will be available for Christmas 2012 in order to allow the possessors of GT5 to be able to confront the players of Gran Turismo HD Collection on special circuits in common with their own favorite stables!

Gran Turismo HD Collection will be available exclusively on Playstation 3, November 9 2012 everywhere in Europe. "

Did a quick check of the ESRB website. Nothing is listed for the USA. I'm listed this as a far stretching rumor/photoshopped item. If anyone can check the Euro ratings system website please do.

Also noticed that it has GT3 GT4 and GT PSP. I am now listing this as completely false.

Last edited:
Well that's where I read it from. No, I agree it's not a "source", but it is a post from a Moderator at the french OPC site... I wouldn't be able to dig further because I can't read the lingo.

Well that's where I read it from. No, I agree it's not a "source", but it is a post from a Moderator at the french OPC site... I wouldn't be able to dig further because I can't read the lingo.
The fact that it came from a Moderator is interesting. We can only hope this is true. I doubt there'd be an announcement about it soon if it is true, so the waiting game begins.

At the moment, there's more evidence to prove that it's fake than there is evidence that prove that it's true.

Mods like to joke around too sometimes. :sly:

But I don't think someone in that position would do something like that. It seems a Mod would know better and not do something so careless.

Yea, that makes sense. I read that in this thread earlier, but I forgot when I posted again. I still think it's wrong for someone like a Mod to do that. That's why I think it's unlikely he was messing around. Yet I think he just might have been that big of an ass to be playing around.

Would be a complete waste of development dollars. Racing games aren't a good genre for HD remakes because racing games are continually advancing and getting better. Other genres havn't continually gotten better in alot of ways aside from visual quality so you WANT a HD remake of RE1 or FFX or countless other games. They aren't obsolete, in fact they were held back by hardware, and the new ones suck so alot of HD remakes are welcome.

But the racing genre.......and Gran Turismo in particular.........HD remakes of the older titles is just a waste of resourses because the new article is always better than the old. No......not in terms of content, but in every other way.......the physics get closer to real life every time, as do the visuals. I understand the want for GT4 to be HD remade just because in terms of tracks it's got the most content. But GT's have always had ups and downs in terms of content. GT5 is a low in terms of tracks, but GT6 will have all the tracks and all the cars plus more......in other words, it would basically be GT4 HD, you get it?

To make a long story short.........If they remade previous Gran Turismos in HD, you'd have no reason to buy the next Gran Turismo. And at the same time, if you like Gran Turismo because you love racing, it makes no sense to look back to previous games because you'd be taking huge leaps down in terms of quality of racing. You must always look forward as a racing sim fan. Looking back does nothing but take your eyes off the road.

Would buy if real. Interesting to see it was a mod(Space Empire?:lol:)on the community forums that posted it but until announced by Sony I will file this one under Le Poisson d'Avil(April Fools) prank French Style.

Edit: it would make total sense by the way. Very little work would need to be done by PD, most of it would be Blue Point or some other developer, but it would bring in tons of cash. It would release 2 years after GT5 so it would bring a ton of people back to GT, but probably at least a year before GT6. Let's do this PD.

Edit2: what was the rumor from a while back? Didn't it mention a new project from PD to be announced March 2012? It was something like that and this could be that.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's likely an April Fool's joke.

That said, there are several things which started out as such before being released for real, many of which are or were sold by Apple. Hopefully, this will fall into this category.

The one hurdle I see would be music licensing. WMG hates it when people listen to Van Halen.

I as well thinks this is fake. Why would they include GT5 in a "Classics HD" collection?? Usually when they re-make games they don't include the current selling title, they usually include the game on a separate disc alongside the HD classic version.

Happy April Fools day folks lol.

I as well thinks this is fake. Why would they include GT5 in a "Classics HD" collection?? Usually when they re-make games they don't include the current selling title, they usually include the game on a separate disc alongside the HD classic version.

Happy April Fools day folks lol.

GT5 isn't included, it's listed as GTPSP, GT3, GT4. It does say compatible online with GT5 on special tracks and that is the part I question the most. If this is true that's the first new feature I see getting dropped mid development.

My bad, I looked at the cover art and saw that it was the same as GT5, now realizing its the same as the psp version.

I would rather they take the missing cars, tracks, and events from these games and splice 'em into GT5. THAT would be a heluva game.

Come on folks, this is about as obvious an April Fools can get.

I'm skeptical, but what about it besides the timing makes it as obvious as April Fools jokes can get? It was posted on the 30th of March by the way. There is nothing too outlandish in the description like you would normally see with an AF joke, and even though the cover looks photoshopped people have felt the same way about other games and a few of the HD collection games that have been released, namely GOW Origins Collections. Even if it's fake Sony is stupid not to make it happen and take our money.

Last edited:
Back