Clear microsoft account in firefox

Brass Contributor

Does anyone know how to clear a userID in Firefox? I can get to portal.office.com with the new account. I can't get to SharePoint with it (it wants to authenticate with my remembered personal account, which I can't clear).

I'm in private browsing mode, I cleared my microsoft, sharepoint and office cookies and don't want to clear all my cookies and cache.

Thanks.

(Also, if I search for threads on this forum is there a link to get back to the home page or "post" button?)

1 Reply
According to the post you linked, there are two ways to clear a Microsoft account in Firefox
1. Clear the cookies and cache for the Microsoft website.
2. To do this, open Firefox and type about:preferences in the address bar. Then, click on the Privacy & Security tab and scroll down to the Cookies section. Click on the Show Cookies button and search for the Microsoft website. Once you find it, click on the Remove button to delete all of the cookies and cache for that website.
3. Sign out of your Microsoft account in Firefox.
4. To do this, open Firefox and click on the hamburger menu in the top right corner. Then, select Settings and scroll down to the Sync section. Click on the Manage Account button and sign out of your Microsoft account.
Once you have cleared the cookies and cache for the Microsoft website or signed out of your Microsoft account in Firefox, you should be able to access SharePoint without any problems.
Here are the steps in more detail:
1. Open Firefox and type about:preferences in the address bar.
2. Click on the Privacy & Security tab.
3. Scroll down to the Cookies section.
4. Click on the Show Cookies button.
5. Search for the Microsoft website.
6. Click on the Remove button to delete all of the cookies and cache for that website.
Or, you can follow these steps to sign out of your Microsoft account in Firefox:
1. Open Firefox and click on the hamburger menu in the top right corner.
2. Select Settings.
3. Scroll down to the Sync section.
4. Click on the Manage Account button.
5. Sign out of your Microsoft account.