Athlon XP 2100+ Palomino

I have an Athlon XP 2100+ Palomino, running with a 133Mhz FSB on an MSI Kt4 Ultra mainboard. I have been told that this chip can run on a 266Mhz bus. Is this true? Each time I try, I get crashes in games and so forth. I have PC3200 DDR RAM, which is running at 400Mhz, but I could match it to the FSB speed if required. If I can indeed run it with a 266Mhz FSB, what would be the correct multiplier settings, and any other misc settings i need to enable/disable.

post-13-1071985518.jpg

Okie.. I was wondering why the chip runs around 52*c... The VCore is on auto tho I think, I'll try changing it now.

Should I keep the RAM at 400MHz, or would it run better if dropped to the same speed of the other components?

Heres teh defaults for that cpu, official ones.

I.D PR Speed Multiplier VCore Max. Temp BUS Cache

AX2100DMT3C 2100+ 1733MHz 13x 1.75V 90? C 266MHz 256KB

Edited by Homer

lol by running 266(x2 532) instead of 133(x2=266) you've gone over your rams limit..... ^_^ lololol

just drop the multipliera notch und run up to 200mhz fsb ;) it'll be fine then

1: i know he is but he said he tried a 266 (as in 266x2) 2:they are the easiest to unlock.....i did mine myself

if you check back in the overclocking forum you'll see i had a 1900+ palomino

:rolleyes:

^^ just him asking about this kind of stuff lets me know he hasn't unlocked his cpu... and a kt400 board, and a (locked) pally wouldn't even boot at 266 (if you can even set it that high in the bios), therefore he must have meant 133x2...